Friday, April 24, 2009

Prayer & Funding Request

If you think what I'm doing is interesting and you want to be a part of it...you can. First and foremost, I need prayer for the following things.


  • Effective consultations with client companies.

  • Strengthening of relationships with the entrepreneurs in community businesses.

  • Personal spiritual growth, a servant’s heart & readiness to hear God.

  • Physical, mental and emotional strength and stamina.

  • Protection while traveling and while in South Africa.

My client will know his/her business more than I ever will. However, with a willingness to find out what God has planned, I hope we can work together to make an impact on the local community. My hope is also that my client will allow the margin and adaptibility in his/her planning and strategy to allow God to work in different ways. Your commitment to pray for me, whether it be every week or every day, will have consequences on my adventure.


If you have random things (dreams, visions, thoughts) happen to you that you think might be related to this trip, please let me know as well.


You can also get involved with this trip by helping me with funding. This trip requires more training than most and costs more than most. It requires me to invest more time in it than most missions trips and invest more in my teammate.


It is usually a given that a missions team will become close knit because of the shared hardships and experiences. We've been together for several months now, and it is turning into one huge family. In fact, a lot of alums stay around and help out with training and go on more ventures. It really is one huge extended family and I can say that I'm changing for the better because of it. We are a diverse group of people from different walks of life...but all of us share a motivation to understand more about ourselves and what God has in store for us.


All this training and fellowship does come with a monetary cost. I am looking to raise $5000 for this trip. It is somewhat hefty and I am leaving it up to God to provide. If anyone has any funding ideas...let me know.

If you want to help me with my trip directly you can do it several ways:

1. Make a check out to "REP" without specifying any names in notes (so your contribution can be handled as a tax deductible donation):

Michael Choi

18548 Paseo Tierra

Saratoga, CA 95070

I will send the checks on to the REP organization...or I'm also asking them for an address if you want to send the check to them directly.

2. Company Matching
Please remember that many companies match their employee’s donations of either finances or time given by the employee to the non-profit organization. Please see the REP website for more information: http://www.repurposing.biz/.

3. PayPal

Please note that Paypal assesses a 5% fee on all payments.

You can make a PayPal donation to:

Account name: rēp

Email: mailto:rim@inst.net

Please state in the subject line the name of the person you are supporting – see the rēp website for a direct PayPal link: http://www.repurposing.biz/contribute/
Please be sure to state your street address so rēp that can send you a tax-deductible receipt.

Please note that REP also adds on a 3% processing fee for donations. If you have any questions about what I'm doing or about funding, just post a comment and I can answer. This is my official start to fundraising. Let it glorify God.

Amount raised: $0

No comments:

Post a Comment